• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dragonwood

Thanks for all the likes and kind comments:).
Did a bit of a trim and water change today. Plan on doing a more serious trim and maybe changing out a few of the stems in the near future. Would like to try some Rotala HRa.
Pic from today.
20180826_205241-1463x887.jpg

Last edited:
Well done :D

Looking back I preferred that middle moss (on dragon stone) when it was trimmed close to the shape of the stone providing more slope (perspective)

The EA 600 has such great depth but it seems lost in the present plant overgrowth (though photography is an important element in emphasizing that depth perspective)

Of course my own 60 x 45 tank is currently way overgrown too :oops:
- with near zero depth perspective :wideyed:

Tank looks awesome I've PM'd you regarding some Rotala H'ra I have for sale.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the likes and kind comments:).
Decided the tank was getting a bit overgrown and tired to be honest didn't realise just how overgrown it was untill I started doing a major trim. So decided to do a bit of a rescape while I was at it. Removed the Glosso carpet from the front siphoned out the soil and went for a sand foreground. Added so Rotala HRa to the right side trimmed the s repens and moss right back. Still a work in progress some of plants look a bit sorry at the min due to the heavy trim. But hopefully will bounce back when grown in. Water still a bit cloudy but think you can see the general idea.
Pic from today.
20180904_195253-2906x1762.jpg

Have gone back to the inline diffuser with the APS filter booster used as a reactor. Stops the lemonade look in the tank:).
Have changed to a leaner dosing DIY ADA mix. Will see how this goes;).
Added a few small rocks in the sand and planted some P Helferi and some Marsilea around them.
Pics from today.
20180909_112547-3024x2268.jpg
20180909_182947-2874x1784.jpg

Bit of a update. The plants seem to be bouncing back ok after the heavy trim.
The corys and shrimp keep mixing the soil with the sand unfortunately I got a bit to close to the moss on the middle stone with the syphon and sucked a lot of it off:D. Hopefully will grow back to eventually cover the stone again. Hopefully will be able to keep on top of the trimming and keep it all together now.
Pics from today the one from the top is to hopefully show the new growth on the rotalas:).
20180917_193108-2268x3024.jpg
20180917_192849-2563x1582.jpg
20180917_154556-3024x2268.jpg

Thanks James.
I usually go round the glass once weekly when I do the water change to remove the film then along the water line to remove the line left by my hardish water.
Since I added the sand I have been getting a little cyno along the front glass too. I remove that with a credit card then siphon it out. Sometimes I'm just to lazy to remove the magnet after:).

I really like the pad of fissidens and Buce, looks very natural, like a branch in a rain forest Those corys look mischievous! Lush tank T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, great plant growth, great colour and a great progression :clap:
Cheerio.

Looks good mate prefer the sand at the front does give it more depth wish my fissedens would look that full maybe in time

Tank looks nice, very natural.

What are these tetra sp please? With the red fins?

Thanks Jay, cookies and Tim:).
The Tetras are Columbian Tetras got them from the LFS. But unfortunately they are very prone to jumping I started with 10. Have 6 left now. Found the others on various mornings on the floor near the tank. So not ideal for a open top tank.

Back