• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Draper 230 bar reg

I’m not familiar with this company or product but confirm it’s suitable for continual CO2 use (re internal components) - a quick email to Draper should sort out any questions (if they’ve no idea, I’d give it a miss)

Note this is dual gauge not dual stage (required to prevent “end of tank dump”, note replacing the CO2 cylinder when gas pressure drops to 50psi (usually rather less than 10% remaining, sorry can’t recall the actual expected percentage) will also prevent this “dump”)

Over 3,000 psi!

Even running 2 X inline diffusers you only need 50 psi.

Standard uk fitting is din477. I’d be surprised if it fitted. Perhaps best to get a decent dual stage reg made for aquarium use, with a solenoid and useable needle valve at a lower pressure.

Ah, good idea, thanks for the replies. I will fire off an email to Draper.
If they dont or cant answer then i will give it a miss and look for something more suitable.

Hi Dave,

For my example purposes (and to hopefully help you) I’ll reword your post.

——————-

I’m new to co2 (I assume you are for my purpose). I Know I need a decent regulator but seen a cheap one that will save me £50. Is it a good deal?

I need a max of of 35psi. This one goes upto 3,000! It’ll save me £50. Bargain?

Unsure if it’ll fit a standard bottle or how controllable it’ll be.

I need a full kit so with discount on purchasing a full kit it’ll save me perhaps £40.

I’ll also need a solenoid to turn it on and off so my saving will will c.£15.

At best it’ll work saving me just over a tenner.

Scenario-
- best it’ll save me a little.
- medium i’ll have wasted money,
- worst case damage and risk life?

Is it worth buying to save a few quid?

————————————-

Now you may be experienced in using co2 and regulators but really????!

S.

Ps. Please excuse my assumptions and maybe elaboration! :)

Pps, others may say it’ll be fine but would you really recommend a commercial regulator designed to be used by a qualified person for domestic use?

Ps. Just remembered, I’ll need a bubble counter also.......!

As @Seige has said not really going to save you anything and also a liability.

It is a matter of safety also. That regulator is designed for MIG/TIG welding at very high pressure ratings.

@Siege thats a pretty fair assessment, Im under no illusions and appreciate the advice :)
Doing a hell of a lot of reading on most aspects of the hobby but the CO2 side of things needs some more learning. I think i will save a bit more for co2art or co2supermarket. Will teach me for always trying to do things on the cheap eh ;)

FYI, the CO2Art regulator tank pressure gauge also reads up to 3000psi. Tank pressure is around 55bar so around 800+ psi so allows some leeway if overfilled.
I would opt for the CO2Art package just because its so much smaller.
Cheers

Back