• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Drop Checker & 4dKH Solution?

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,258
Location
Nottingham
You use the 4dKH solution instead of the tank water that is usually recommended in the instructions to most drop checkers. So you add 4dKH solution and the pH reagent to your drop checker.
 

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Joined
21 Jun 2007
Messages
3,264
Location
Daventry, Northants

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,309
Location
London
I was going to mention that on your journal! From your diffusor it looks like you are flooding it ;)
Won't last you very long at that rate, the plants will thank you for it, but at that rate you need to keep dosing those ferts pretty high or you will have algea issue ;)
 

Superman

Member
Thread starter
Joined
29 Jan 2008
Messages
1,802
Location
Cheltenham
LondonDragon said:
I was going to mention that on your journal! From your diffusor it looks like you are flooding it ;)
Won't last you very long at that rate, the plants will thank you for it, but at that rate you need to keep dosing those ferts pretty high or you will have algea issue ;)

Think it's just taking time for me to get the right injection of CO2 into the tank.

Think those bubbles showed from when it just turned on and loads of bubbles were pushed through at the start.

It's a shame that I've not had a full day to keep checking the drop checker and the bubble counter, as I'm always out at the weekend doing games.
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,309
Location
London
Just do small adjustements at a time, its takes a while for the bubble rate to be accurate, at least 10 minutes, and the colour of the drop checker takes even longer, from what I read can take up to 2/3 hours (correct me if I am wrong).
I have a bubble counter, but the bubble are so tiny I can't really count them properly, so I just go by the drop checker and the plant health overall ;)
 

Superman

Member
Thread starter
Joined
29 Jan 2008
Messages
1,802
Location
Cheltenham
LondonDragon said:
Just do small adjustements at a time, its takes a while for the bubble rate to be accurate, at least 10 minutes, and the colour of the drop checker takes even longer, from what I read can take up to 2/3 hours (correct me if I am wrong).
I have a bubble counter, but the bubble are so tiny I can't really count them properly, so I just go by the drop checker and the plant health overall ;)

Could be then that my bubbles are rather large! :oops:
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,309
Location
London
Superman said:
Could be then that my bubbles are rather large! :oops:
Don't concentrate a lot on the bubble rate, concentrate more on the drop checker and its green colour ;)
There are lot of different bubble counters out there and its difficult to say what is the right bubble rate.
 

Similar threads

Top