Drop Checker Frustration Vent.....

Behold

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2008
Messages
219
Location
Basingstoke. Hants
Grrrrrrrr. Thought i would setup my checker and run it for a few days before i setup the CO2 to see how much i have now and just after a water change.

From my thought i think my tap has about 15ppm in it meaning i add 5ppm of CO2 after a water change. Question during my rant... will this be an issue????

Anyway back to the rant..... so im filling it up with it suckered on my tank and it comes unstuck and breaks.... Now i have to wait 5 or so days for hongkong shipping...... ARRGGGHHHH

Only good thing as its made me order 2 so i can put it both sides of the tank.

Problem is i should have my reactor soon and won't be able to start dosing till these turn up.............
how annoying.... just another delay.......

Rant over.....
 

ceg4048

Expert/Global Moderator
Staff member
Joined
11 Jul 2007
Messages
8,993
Location
Chicago, USA
Behold said:
Grrrrrrrr. Thought i would setup my checker and run it for a few days before i setup the CO2 to see how much i have now and just after a water change.
As noted in the Dropchecker article the response time of this device is well over 2 hours. There is no way it will tell you about the transient conditions of a water change.

Behold said:
From my thought i think my tap has about 15ppm in it meaning i add 5ppm of CO2 after a water change. Question during my rant... will this be an issue????
It's not clear how you determined these numbers but none of this matters if you are injecting CO2 into the tank.

Cheers,
 

GreenNeedle

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2007
Messages
2,720
Location
Lincoln UK
This forum seems to be full of glassbreakers. lol

What you guys need to do is be as aggressive and careless with the glass as I am and then none of it breaks ;) :lol:

As per Ceg's statement the delay is unknown but 15ppm sounds like it is a bit high to me.

AC
 

Behold

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2008
Messages
219
Location
Basingstoke. Hants
SuperColey1 said:
This forum seems to be full of glassbreakers. lol

What you guys need to do is be as aggressive and careless with the glass as I am and then none of it breaks ;) :lol:

As per Ceg's statement the delay is unknown but 15ppm sounds like it is a bit high to me.

AC

Working on the fact that if i do a PH Check on my water out of the tap its between 7.2-7.6 After a 12hour period its between 7.8-8.2. From what i have read if you move a whole point after letting water vent e.g 7-8 you have 30ppm of CO2 in the water. (Give or take)

This is where i have done my calculation from.

Maybe im wrong....

PS. Your right maybe being careful make you break stuff!!!!
 
Top