• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop Checker Horror

Good morning peeps,

Hope everyone's in fine form.

I just did the daily head count in my nano (Aquanano 55 litre), pretty sure the pygmy corries know what I'm doing and keep changing positions just to screw with my half awake eyes :) so caffeine and nicotine levels are slowly replenishing when I noticed one of my Chilli rasboras is missing.

Took a wee while running through the usual checks, not in the back filter (had one who was hell bent on hari kiri and had to scoop him out of the filter a couple of times - I'm assuming it was the same one then he must've achieved his goal as the school was down to 5.

To cut to the chase, when doing the checks I glanced at the drop checker to well em check :) and there's the poor wee soul perfectly preserved in a proper swimming position in 4dkh solution.

I know it's not hugely expensive wild discus or marines but I'm gutted - I love my wee Chilli's and feeling brutal thinking about......nah don't go there!

That's an excuse to get the hang off the back one - although to be honest I'm beginning to wonder if the drop checker is a more of a toy for us since I'm beginning to believe they're pretty useless for gauging levels since by the time they've changed your fish have already been through a few hours of stress. I suppose they're better than nothing. What's other folks opinions of drop checkers?

Good morning,

In my case i simply have it on the tank cause more of a question of beauty than anything else. I kind like to watch it in ;)

Once my Co2 is properly regulate i dont´care about it anymore.

Just do a clean time to time.

Alltough.. i assume i also have it in there just in case something ordinary happens :)

I can´t assume that the Co2 regulator will not fall or have a disfunction in time so the drop checker is also a security warning in case...

Best Regards,

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you - decided to have a day tidying up the garden to think about something else.

Yeah that's where I've been going with my thinking re the drop checker, although I was the same in enjoying their aesthetic.

All the best :)

Back