• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checker is clear colour ????

curefan

As I said, my drop checker is clear colour and yes, I use 4dKH water with 3 drops of regent. It has always worked fine before, changing from blue to green. I took it out of the tank and it stayed clear!!!
Then I put in new 4dKH and regent....went blue....turned green in tank, and next day it was clear again :oops:

Anybody seen this ???

Cheers, Dave.

Hi,
I would suspect the reagent, so just put a few drops in tap water and let it sit for 24 hours in a corner and see if it does the same.

Cheers,

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It happened the first time I used the drop checker afer cleaning it over night in bleach/water solution and soaking in dechlorinator afer that. Added the 4dkh solution and the B.blue and after a while it went clear :wideyed: The next time I changed the solution it was fine. I can only think it might have been the cleaning process that did it, and maybe I had'nt dryed it properly before adding the solution. Maybe there was still a drop of something which reacted with the soltion and turned it clear.

Just a thought, but have you considered that your drop checker may be leaking somehow?

Back