• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checker lying

gray_

Seedling
I've just realised the always nice light green drop checker in my tank, well, isn't. If I take it out of the tank and take a look it's actually yellow! Anywhere I seem to place it in the tank it refracts the green light from plants and just looks green.

How do you guys with lots of green plants manage to see the real colour of the drop checker?

Last edited:
I've just realised the always nice light green drop checker in my tank, well, isn't. If I take it out of the tank and take a look it's actually yellow! Anywhere I seem to place it in the tank it refracts the green light from plants and just looks green.

How do you guys with lots of green plants manage to see the real colour of the drop checker?

It's this style of checker:

co2-glass-drop-checker-663-p[ekm]300x300[ekm].jpg

I find they are usually quite hard to read. Even if it is yellow, there's probably no need to reduce CO2 unless the fish are stressed.

Oscar :)

Even if it is yellow, there's probably no need to reduce CO2 unless the fish are stressed.

It was the observation that one too many fish were "playing" in the filter outlet that led me to question the drop checker in the first place.

I found mine hard to see so threw it out after a couple of days and just relied on my PH pen.

I only have a cheap PH pen so wasn't really trusting it much. Seems I was putting my faith in the wrong place. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I feel slightly less stupid knowing I'm not the only one with a challenge reading the drop checker.

Back