• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

drop checker refills.....frustrated

Frederick

Hi all.... some time ago I purchased a JBL drop checker after reading a very good artical in the forum. I have now run out of the drop checker fluid and I can find no replacement. I have purchased a bottle of the KH4 fluid with the blue added but that just turns clear after being in the tank for 30 mins. On checking all the stockists I find that they nearly all stock checkers but NO fluid. Are we being conned regarding the fact that it is required to use a drop checker or am I looking for the wrong thing and why is it not possible to obtain JBL refills.
Assistance will be gratefully received...... Frederick

Hi polyester....the same

Hey mate, the solution is usually just a PH tester, if you have a test kit, the low range regent is exactly the same stuff as far as im aware.

Here are a couple of others....

Fluval one

One from Hong Kong

There will be plenty more if you have a good look around on ebay :thumbup:

The pH reagent should never turn clear -- blue/green/yellow is the spectrum.

Hagen/Nutrafin low-range is the right reagent and is available widely. It's dark blue in the bottle.

The 4dKH water to go with it is available from Aquaessentials and Tankscape.

TY one and all....I suppose it is a case of live and learn but I think it should be made clear when a bc is sold but once again.... ty for the help

Frederick

Hi, I have the same problem with the 4dkh water with bromo blue in a drop checker with white background. The liquid is very pale and hard to see the colour. It works fine in a normal glass drop checker though. I think the JBL solution and some others which come with the drop checkers must have more bromo blue in them so that the liquid doesn't look so pale against a white background.

Back