• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop Checker Test - 'Teardrop' versus 'Chameleon'

If you read the posts I did measure the Ph!!! lol

Tap water is 7.4. tank water is around 7.2. with lime green it got to 6.5ish No idea what KH I have. Only know it is Lincolnshire hard water.

Summary was:

Tap - 7.4
Tank at CO2 start - 7.2
lights on - 7.0
1hr - 6.8-7.0 (nearer 7)
2hr - 6.8-7.0 (nearer 6.8)
3hr - 6.8
4hr - 6.6
5hr - 6.4 -6.6 (nearer 6.6)
CO2 stops after 5 hours of light and will therefore tail off and the Ph should rise

This was with the same AP Ph kit I use in the DC. Hard to tell the colours against the card they supply as we all know. lol
I used the same 2700K 10W tube within my cabinet so that differing lights wouldn't 'make' me see colours differently.

AC
AC

Great write-up, Where do you get the AP Ph test kit that you mention? I would like to do the same and know I can get the 4dkh from AE. But I can't seem to source the AP PH kit.

It's probably an obvious answer and you will tell me that AP stands for Aqua Pure or something like that, so please excuse my ignorance.

Forn anyone who is querying sourcing bromo blue Ph kits, the link is on the same page on AE as the 4dKH!!!

The link is the line in blue which says: here in the form of Hagen ph low range test kit

(Don't click the blue text above as it isn't a link.) See for yourselves on the 4dKH page on AE:

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1977

The API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc) kit I use was part of their master test kits (Ph, High Range Ph, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate) that I had yonks ago.

FYI If you have a test kit hanging around at home then I put another post in water chemistry which gives the shelf life of some of the common brands. The AP one is apparently 5 years which is good because mine is only 2 years old. No idea if this means unopened and if so how long it will last opened.

AC

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals :?:

Thanks Mark
The link is the line in blue which says: here in the form of Hagen ph low range test kit

Cheers Andy,

I've ordered the 4dkh and Hagen Bromo Blue from AE. I had seen the link on their page but wasn't sure if there was any difference between the brands, so was just trying to source some API as you have done such a brilliant job of testing it!

Many thanks

All you need is a normal range Ph test kit that is a bromo blue one. Some aren't.

AC

Back