• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checker

I have that one, had it for about 9 months or so I think (since I started properly aquascaping) and it’s been perfectly fine. Hardly seems to get dirty in my tank so I only clean it every now than then. A good tip for reading the colour accurately is to place something behind it while reading, like a white plastic ruler.

Have you seen item number 153393279391 on the auction site? Only £1.45 and no need to get you hands wet as the main part hangs outside the tank. You just need to get some solution to go with it.

I have looked at some cheap ones. I'm just wondering now is it more important to have a good solution? Do the devices essentially all do the same job?

As far as I am aware they all work pretty much the same way. They are made in different styles and of different materials. I think the glass ones are likely to be easier to clean though if they get dirty. My old plastic Dupla one got calcium deposits on it which were difficult to remove.

As for solutions what are other folks on here using?

Back