• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checker

Kevina

Hi all, I have just recieved a new JBL drop checker and have a problem. I followed the article on this website using exactly the same checker But after putting in 1.5ml of 4Kdh water then 3 drops of the reagent, my colour is a definate dark dark blue, not bluey green indicating 7ph. so I have tried it using tank water and 3 drops and it is still the same. So I actually then followed jbl instructions rather than this website and fileed with 1.5ml tank water then 2 drops of reagent and still the same very dark blue. Could anybody explain.
Regards Kev.

Thats great, I know it takes time for the Co2 to react but I was only querying because on both this websites Co2 article and the JBL instrucions it states that it should immediatly turn ph7 colour, which is definately not the colour this is.
Regards Kev.

Kev

Dont panic after water change.

When ever you do your water change and if the level of your water drops below the bottom of the DC it will change colour and go blue, if you keep reviewing or watch it you will see it changing colour, its not straight away - take about an hour. Once you have refilled the tank it will stay blue until there is enough Co2 with the water column to start the transfer from blue to green. So my advise to you would be place the DC half down the depth of the tank or just below your 50% water change line. It will change colour greeny blue but not complettely blue.

Regards
paul.

No this is upon first intsallation of the drop checker before I have even put it in the tank, not after a water change or anything like that. See this article http://www.ukaps.org/drop-checker.htm . When setting the drop checker up upon initial use adding 1.5ml of 4 Kdh water and 3 drops of reagent what colour should the solution be in the drop checker?
Regards Kev.

Thanks for your help guys, I do have a consistent limeade green colour now in my drop checker!!

Back