• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dry Ice Blasting.....

john111

Seedling
Hi everyone. I am an engineering student. I read something called dry ice blasting while browsing net. Well I don’t know why, but I am curious to know about it. I know about traditional labor intensive methods like scrapers, wire brushes, sand blasting and pressure washing. I know dry ice is basically solid form of CO2, but I have no clue about this dry ice blasting.
Can somebody throw some light on this or at least suggest some site where I can find some info on this.

Sam.

Re: Dry Ice Blasting...

Hey Sam. Must say buddy, you are quite a curious fellow. You are right dry ice is a solid form of carbon dioxide (Co2). And you must be aware that it is as hard as a plaster and under atmospheric pressure it sublimes at a temperature of -78oC.

Dry ice blasting is a process of cleaning equipments. It is very much in demand nowadays, as it is very environment friendly, safe and cost effective. You would be surprised to know the number of industries it caters to; automotive, power plants, packaging, food and beverage, plastics, aerospace etc.

As this cleaning technology doesn’t use any chemical solvents lubricants and water; it’s considered ideal for electrical equipments and food and beverage industry.

Dry ice blasting is superior to sand blasting, pressure washing etc. It has lots of benefits. Its not possible to list them out here. Why don’t you check out http://www.react365.com ? These guys provide dry ice blasting services and other environmental and industrial services and you will get some information on their site.

Andrew.

Back