• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Duckweed index for my low tech.

Sarpijk

Hi all, I setup my 100 litre last July using dirt. I believe that by now it may have been depleted this is why I am looking into some insight in terms of dosing. This is low tech so I thought I give @dw1305 Darrel's Duckweed index a try. It is a tank filled with Cryptocoryne so any deficiencies should take a while before they show.

I do use Osmocote balls in the substrate every few months and I dose 1/3 EI but not every week.

For reference I give a picture of the Limnobium growing in my tank and also of the Ceratopteris.

If I look at the Limnobium I conclude that sth is missing and I should dose. On the other hand a week ago I took this sole portion of Ceratopteris Thalictroides and wedged it behind the spraybar so that it stays fixed. Today I took this pic and it seems great.

So am I to believe that this being a high flow tank doesn't benefit the Limnobium? I have a fair amount of surface agitation and although the Limnobium is not freely traveling around the tank it still doesn't take off.
ae72ae0f85f2f69176849ad181e10ee2.jpg

After a 50% water change a few hours ago TDS is 227 ppm. It gets over 300 by the end of the week.

Back