• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dutch 110ltr

I think I might need to rename the scape can't help myself so....

There has been quite a few paycheck purchases 😬 and moving plants to other tanks.

Don't worry those who read for the cabomba that is still in...

The plant number hasn't increased but there has been some changes and I have now switched to a canister filter, there are plant additions and ferts alterations.

I'm typing this half way through planting and rearranging so will give full low down with photos after. 😁

So plants added, removed and rearranged...

Plants removed:-
Pogostemon stellatus
Red tiger lotus

Plants added:-
heteranthera zosterifolia (star grass) (back left)
Rotala indica red (back right)

Plants moved:-
Rotala green (now front left)
Mayaca sellowiniana (replacing rotala green)

Excuse the reflections and fresh water change bubbles etc. :

IMG_20220831_181920.jpg

Will update as they grow in

Hey @_Maq_
Yea shots were evening though do love seeing my aromatica under leaf in the shot 😊.

I will be posting another one shortly just doing the weekly trim now. Sadly the dreaded Cyanobacteria has decided to join my lovely plants.

Just debating on upping nitrogen or treating?

What's your thoughts everyone do I treat and then start the bio load again on my filter with quick start.

Or

Up nitrogen with 4 doses of seachem nitrogen for a week?

Hydrogen peroxide with pipette or syringe locally?

I was think more erythromycin treatment for a week trouble is that it will kill all the bio filtration...

I hear nitrogen deficiency is normally a cause and just adding more can balance things.

@GreggZ thoughts??

Also is a post trim shot never the best but you got to love the fresh shaping. Also some cheeky water dropped shots for some reflection. 😊

IMG_20220910_191543.jpg

IMG_20220910_192237.jpg

IMG_20220910_185511.jpg

Also a little shot of the aromatica open. I have to say I'm quite proud of how it's coming in shape wise.

IMG_20220910_191319.jpg

I was think more erythromycin treatment for a week trouble is that it will kill all the bio filtration...

I hear nitrogen deficiency is normally a cause and just adding more can balance things.

@GreggZ thoughts??
When it comes to BGA, IMO you don't want to mess around. It's not just how it gets on the plants, but when it's in the substrate it can start killing the root system. Get rid of it. I've used Chemiclean (Erythromcycin) in the past with good results. I've never had any issue with it killing the bio field.

As to Nitrogen, I have heard that too. I can tell you I have had it a few times over the years and NO3 was always pretty high (20+ ppm). I've never figured out the real cause. But no matter, once it's gone it usually does not come back for a good long time.

When it comes to BGA, IMO you don't want to mess around. It's not just how it gets on the plants, but when it's in the substrate it can start killing the root system. Get rid of it. I've used Chemiclean (Erythromcycin) in the past with good results. I've never had any issue with it killing the bio field.

As to Nitrogen, I have heard that too. I can tell you I have had it a few times over the years and NO3 was always pretty high (20+ ppm). I've never figured out the real cause. But no matter, once it's gone it usually does not come back for a good long time.
I have used "Chemiclean" as well and it takes care of BGA quickly. Funny thing though it says right on the package " Does not contain Erythromycin succinate, well whatever it contains it works.

Attachments

• IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
I have used "Chemiclean" as well and it takes care of BGA quickly. Funny thing though it says right on the package " Does not contain Erythromycin succinate, well whatever it contains it works.
Yeah I have seen that and many places that say it's basically Erythromycin. Who knows? I do know that it works very well.

Well I got a bga specific brand to get rid of it, quite good actually comes with a needle nose syringe to do the substrate. 😊

Something a little different:
I visited my parents house to find the tank I scaped for them in tatters...

IMG_20220911_135309.jpg

IMG_20220911_135318.jpg

Think I can safely assume the weekly water change has not occurred for some time. 😑 Need to make a fully automated setup for them.

@_Maq_

Cheers it is growing in well through its a tough one to control its like no other plant I've work with. Like trying to control the direction of spaghetti.

Its getting a bit of a beating atm tho from the Cyanobacteria. The treatment I chose is definitely not the most efficient 😒

When your wallatchi looks like this:-
IMG_20220923_180228.jpg

Your scape looks like this:-
IMG_20220923_180239.jpg

But you got a serious issue rising 😬 which is stubborn and won't respond to treatment.
IMG_20220923_180233.jpg

It would hurt to go to the extreme of a black out 😔

Back