• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Dutch something or the other" 120 Gal

SideviewMar3rd_zps1d47e2e6.jpg

Post Erio compressum thinning, I removed 15 plants actually.

EriocompressumposttrimMar1st_zps047fc00d.jpg

Blood vomits have done well and are pretty easy actually.

FTS120_zps8483102a.jpg

Attachments

• SideviewMar3rd_zps1d47e2e6.jpg
    SideviewMar3rd_zps1d47e2e6.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 270
  • FTS120_zps8483102a.jpg
    FTS120_zps8483102a.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 263
  • EriocompressumposttrimMar1st_zps047fc00d.jpg
    EriocompressumposttrimMar1st_zps047fc00d.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 276
If I had not seen your post to AGA Facebook page I would still be thinking that E Compressum is a small plant... Its hard to get a sense of scale sometimes :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Ummmmmm that wood is.............kinda hidden

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well, I have not trimmed the other side much lately, so it's a bit over grown, whereas I had just mowed the left.
There's 3-4 plant groups that need to fill in again somewhat.
But in a couple of months, it should be primed.

I have a new idea and direction for the next incarnation.

Needed some time to read from start to end.love what your doing. nothing to do with Dutch but that's for purists. Love the quality and health of your plants well done

Some influences are from Dutch, some personal and some Nature. Developing one's own style is as good as copying the best styles. Both skills are needed to learn and keep the different ideas going in the hobby.

I love the joyful mix of influences. I think the aquascaping part of our hobby is pretty much dominated by the asian aesthetic ideals - so refreshing to see a more western idea of gardening being mixed in so skilfully. Nothing more lovely than a summer garden with deep beds of structured planting.

It's been one heck of a journey...maybe it's time to do a 'From this to this'...although there have been a fair few transitions in between so maybe it wouldn't quite do it justice...
More like From this to this…to thisto thisto this

Last edited:
Back