• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dutch Variations

In theright, yes, it's hygrophila polysperma, in the left corner - shinnersia rivularis weisgrun

Alexander Belchenko, thanks. No, the fish are not trained LOL. Ludwigia will be moved out as soon as a new tank is equipped :)

Current view
Variation #4

file.php?id=6630&mode=view.jpg

Last edited:
Im really impressed by your growth considering youre not using any substrate :woot: Too bad you removed the zosteriifolia, it looked awesome in your tank. Also, have you updated your light fixture since the light was more yellowy in the earlier photos or is it just a change of camera settings?

Im really impressed by your growth considering youre not using any substrate :woot: Too bad you removed the zosteriifolia, it looked awesome in your tank. Also, have you updated your light fixture since the light was more yellowy in the earlier photos or is it just a change of camera settings?

Hi,
This is just camera settings. The lighting fixture is standard Ferplast Dubai 2x39 T5 HO, but I have changed lamps to Philips TDL (if I remember it right) and both are 6500K.
Yeah, there's no substrate, only fish poo LOL :) And I think too much of it. I have started using Microbe-lift special blend to try to avoid the restart of the tank :)
There was a period of time, when the plants have been deteriorating, that's why heteranthera zosteriifolia had to go :) At the moment the tank is recovering from the mix of algae.

I think it was because of new lamps and fertilizers (I have not noticed the expiry date and continued to doze it). But it is really hard to tell exactly.

such classic Dutch technique~! What a statement to make to achieve this without fancy aquasoil etc. Kudos!

Thanks for nice words :)
Definitely there is much to do to improve the layout of plants and to shape groups. My initial goal was to make a dutch style aquascape on plain gravel. I think, I have achieved this goal :) It is really possible to have plants in a relatively good condition without those high-end aquasoils and big investments :)

It's looking really good, you have improve allot!!

Where did the fish go?? Are you planning to add new ones? A large group of mosquito rasboras will look amazing in there.

According to the "Dutch rules" you have too many plant species in there, but looks really good for me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Back