• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dwarf gourami

Hassan

Seedling
Hi guys I had purchased a dwarf gourami about a year ago and few months later it passed away ( symptoms were similar if not same as dwarf gourami disease) I have now become extremely anxious about purchasing another gourami however I do really like the species. I was wondering if anyone knows of any local breeders as atleast that way I can be sure the fish is disease free.

Thank you

I keep honey gourami's (Colisa chuna) as they are not susceptible to dwarf gourami disease, they also come in a red colour morph. Dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalia) are so beautiful but I've never had any success with them. I wouldn't know about finding a local breeder but it looks like a local breeder is you best bet to avoid disease in the Colisa lalia.

Hi guys I had purchased a dwarf gourami about a year ago and few months later it passed away ( symptoms were similar if not same as dwarf gourami disease) I have now become extremely anxious about purchasing another gourami however I do really like the species. I was wondering if anyone knows of any local breeders as atleast that way I can be sure the fish is disease free.

Thank you
Its a shame as Dwarf Gouramis are a peaceful fish lovely colouration and used to be very hardy and a alternative to their larger cousins but with the farmed varieties become a weak fish.

Back