• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dwarf hair grass help

Cherries

Hi all!

When I first got it it was nice green colour. I have separated it into smaller bits and planted it.
The tank is my very first Walstad method and there is no surface movementent, there is perfectly nutritious substrate (following sellers words who said it will do great with nutritious substrate).

It went completely brown, it didn’t bother to spread or anything. It just grew new green bits, but that’s all.

Before (first days when I got the plant):

8154C129-FCE1-4896-8992-8495F160E456.jpeg

Some time later...:
(starting to go brown)

A9E3C9BE-7568-4283-901A-F3A2FDF37DEE.jpeg

Now..:
(completely brown with new green bits)
8BE9FB85-E6CA-40ED-ADD3-F644D38B8D72.jpeg
DF4F8C63-5061-4FAF-969F-E0845321D032.jpeg

Any help appreciated! :happy:

It was probably grown emersed and is adapting to immersed life by losing old leaves and growing new ones that are better adapted to life under water. As it's growing new green bits it's probably nothing to worry about.
hth

Definately I think it needs more light. Mine struggled in my previous set up where it was partially shaded now growing like crazy and carpeting everywhere, I use tropica's soil though found it seemed to aid massively in plant health and growth.

Thanks guys! I am pretty busy with school this week, asessments and asessments and revising for those! o_O

I could do a water change in the tank and trim all the hornwort and the dead leaves off the grass and let it have lots of light and I will see! :happy:

If still something off with it, I will come back here :happy:

Back