• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

dwarf hair grass

Deansie

Can I ask a question that might be a bit daft to seasoned scrapers so am apologizing now lol. The plants are growing in we'll in my new tank and the hair grass has put up shoots in my monti Carlo, what's to stop the hair grass doing this all over? Will the mc stop this once it becomes more dense?

Thanks

I'm not expecting a perfect landscape but was just wondering if it started to pop up threw out the carpet, I would like it to look natural for sure. I'm just happy it's growing, I prefer the Hemianthus callitrichoides HC to the monti, tiny little leaves are really nice.

Can I ask a question that might be a bit daft to seasoned scrapers so am apologizing now lol. The plants are growing in we'll in my new tank and the hair grass has put up shoots in my monti Carlo, what's to stop the hair grass doing this all over? Will the mc stop this once it becomes more dense?

Thanks

Seperate the two area using some flexible plastic sheeting - bottom of the tank to just underneath the subsurface, this should stop the runners.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexible-...hash=item5d6c3682ba:m:mLRxj99AkGvkAXrfwrRXRcw

Paul

I don't know how common it is, but I've used used it for years. People used to use thin pieces of slate, but plastic is easier to work with. You want it thin enough to bend to the shape you want, stiff enough to stay in shape when held by your substrate. 1mm perspex works for me, and it's non-toxic. I smooth the edge after cutting, so it's not sharp enough to injure digging fish.

Back