• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Dwarf snowball pleco in planted tank

Conort2

To be fair after a while all my hypancistrus I used to keep came out for food. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a quick process but they eventually learnt to show themselves for food. However I never kept any of the Orinoco/negro species only the stuff from the tapajos and xingu. Not sure if that made any difference.

Conort2

Get yourselves a peckoltia sabaji! this thing used to cruise around the aquarium and was always on show. In fact it used to swim on its back taking food off the surface. Unfortunately they’re a bit larger than hypancistrus and the like and get to around 8inches. One of my favourite fish, was gutted when it had to go due to a house move.

Cheers

Jack B

Get yourselves a peckoltia sabaji! this thing used to cruise around the aquarium and was always on show. In fact it used to swim on its back taking food off the surface. Unfortunately they’re a bit larger than hypancistrus and the like and get to around 8inches. One of my favourite fish, was gutted when it had to go due to a house move.

Cheers
Now they look good!

Will have to resist the temptation for now - one for the autumn maybe

Jack B

Haha don’t get your hopes up with hypancistrus! A tail is normally the best you’ll get. In time they sometimes become confident enough to show when there is food around. Meaty Stuff like bloodworm, mussels, shrimp etc is good at luring them out.
May be a dumb question...but should I cook the prawns / mussels??