• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dwarf snowball pleco in planted tank

To be fair after a while all my hypancistrus I used to keep came out for food. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a quick process but they eventually learnt to show themselves for food. However I never kept any of the Orinoco/negro species only the stuff from the tapajos and xingu. Not sure if that made any difference.

Get yourselves a peckoltia sabaji! this thing used to cruise around the aquarium and was always on show. In fact it used to swim on its back taking food off the surface. Unfortunately they’re a bit larger than hypancistrus and the like and get to around 8inches. One of my favourite fish, was gutted when it had to go due to a house move.

Cheers

Get yourselves a peckoltia sabaji! this thing used to cruise around the aquarium and was always on show. In fact it used to swim on its back taking food off the surface. Unfortunately they’re a bit larger than hypancistrus and the like and get to around 8inches. One of my favourite fish, was gutted when it had to go due to a house move.

Cheers
Now they look good!

Will have to resist the temptation for now - one for the autumn maybe

Now they look good!

Will have to resist the temptation for now - one for the autumn maybe
Well six months later and no sign of them :/ Assuming they were too shy to find enough food. I did add what seemed like an excess of pellets but not so much as a tail to be seen.

On the other hand my red whiptail is always out and about - a proper success. Shame about the L471s though.

Get yourself a pleco spawning cave, any luck it’s a male. When they have a suitable cave they will sit out the front half on show. Unfortunately females don’t seem to ‘cave’ readily.

Cheers

Get yourself a pleco spawning cave, any luck it’s a male. When they have a suitable cave they will sit out the front half on show. Unfortunately females don’t seem to ‘cave’ readily.

Cheers
Good tip Conor - thanks.

I need a new hidehole regardless, or this guy is going to clash with my new pair of apistogrammas, should they get broody

My new cave is, thus far, unoccupied 🤷‍♂️

But never mind that because, under a piece of bogwood...in a fleeting glimpse...TWO:

Back