• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

e tenellus vs Lilaeopsis brasiliensis

oldwhitewood

I'm trying to decide on a carpeting plant for my new layout. I've grown e tenellus in the past and it has always been fine, but any lilaeopsis I have long since given up on, I have very soft water so that might have something to do with it, I'm not sure which one to go for.

Has anyone grown liaeopsis successfully and if so how did you manage it and how do you trim it? Thinking back I only ever tried it when I was less experienced so I was running a tank with less light than I do now, and a flourite substrate, this was a good few years ago, but the experience did put me off. Maybe I should try it again?

how bigs the tank? IME e tennelus will grow too tall in smaller setups.especialy in the forefround. in my 60x30x36 its too tall even for the background. ive trimmed it which has kept lower but still its tall.

mark

aaronnorth said:
take a look in this journal, Dennis grows it well:

thats all well and good but its in the background. it dont lend its self to a forground plant unless in a big tank or you get the smaller variety.

mark

I've struggled to grow lilaeopsis brasiliensis in my last setup, but found e tenellus was a quick grower.

But now i have a carpet of Blyxia Japonica, but i know this i just a stem. So easy placement. ;)

Back