• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EA aquascaper 1200

SRP3006

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a shop or two that have the above on display?
I'm based in Bridgwater, Somerset and willing to travel a little.
I know AG has one on display but that's quite a trek to purely have a look.

Sam.

Just going to say mate it's so well worth the travel to Aquarium Gardens it's a complete day out for a scaper just the chance to get to talk to Steve and Dave and to see the scapes not just the 1200 but the 1500 done by phillipe oliveira all there tanks are amazing and there hard scape wow just wow you can spend the day just playing in the sand pit makes you feel like a kid all over again that's before you even start to look at the nursery of plants you wont regret the drive and the drive home I just know you would smile the whole way back

@Jayefc1

I've read quite a few comments recommending AG but I have to say that post is the best. Sums up everything to a T, I do wish I lived closer. Made me laugh reading the driving home with a smile bit cos I know that's true.

I honestly want to travel up and select hardscape, accessories etc when I have the tank, but I need to have a look at the tank itself before I take the plunge and order everything.

I was hoping there were some tanks nearby before I do the 500mile round trip.
Just so I can be sure that's all.

I’ve got 3 EA Aquascaper tanks, If the dimensions fit. Order one! :)

super clear glass and very minimal silicone. You are kinda paying for something you don’t see if that makes sense!

haven’t seen the new metal frame cabinet in the flesh but from the outside looks the same as the original. In fact better for the 1200 as there is no need for a supporting divider underneath (I think) not an issue either way though.
@Geoffrey Rea will be able to confirm as he recently got one. You’ll be able to see pics on his posts.

The only other brand that will exceed it is the ADA 120-P. But you’ll lose the depth front to back and the cabinet costs an arm and a leg! :lol:

If You have a Maidenhead Aquatics near you, they should have the EA range on Display.

All I have to say is if the Ea aquascaper no matter what size is good enough for show room tanks and you have the money then do it like @Siege says your paying for the glass thickness and the clarity and having seen them up close they are only second to ADA if you take the 500 mile round trip you will get the best service and learn all you will ever need to know about the tanks and you will come away with the best hardscape in the country

I’ve got 3 EA Aquascaper tanks, If the dimensions fit. Order one! :)

super clear glass and very minimal silicone. You are kinda paying for something you don’t see if that makes sense!

haven’t seen the new metal frame cabinet in the flesh but from the outside looks the same as the original. In fact better for the 1200 as there is no need for a supporting divider underneath (I think) not an issue either way though.
@Geoffrey Rea will be able to confirm as he recently got one. You’ll be able to see pics on his posts.

The only other brand that will exceed it is the ADA 120-P. But you’ll lose the depth front to back and the cabinet costs an arm and a leg!
Thanks, that bit about the cabinet divider sounds good if that is the case. Never quite enough room in my cabinets with 'extra' items that get placed in there

The tank would fit in the same place as my 1200 now. But it's a nd aquatics and 24in tall plus the hood so I'm really finding maintenance a pita to be honest. I just can't reach the bottom without a stool and then I can't see through the glass if you get what I mean. I love the open look and the other half agrees.

Lights would be the kessils I recently purchased from Geoffrey Rea. Filtration and everything else would be new, plants that are in the tank now I would try to use but I'm sure not all. Hardscape would be from scratch. So I guess the trip would be inspiration!

I saw a EA freshwater on display today in Salisbury but no aquascaper.

I used to have an ND Aquatics optiwhite glass tank with a hood.

the aquascaper 600 on opposite wall. I could see the difference in glass easily. The Aquascaper is in another league. And yes 60cm deep and hood along with bracing is really a pain to do anything with.

I got rid of that within a few months of having the 600 and instead got a further 2 Aquascaper tanks.

I think you are doing exactly what Geoff and myself have done, same tanks and everything!

The 4 x kessils will be nice! :)

I used to have an ND Aquatics optiwhite glass tank with a hood.

the aquascaper 600 on opposite wall. I could see the difference in glass easily. The Aquascaper is in another league. And yes 60cm deep and hood along with bracing is really a pain to do anything with.

I got rid of that within a few months of having the 600 and instead got a further 2 Aquascaper tanks.

I think you are doing exactly what Geoff and myself have done, same tanks and everything!

The 4 x kessils will be nice! :)
Yeah I love the kessils, incredible power and look great.

Haha the other half thinks I'm crazy at least I'm not on my own.
New lights to help the tank.... (tank is less than 12 months old) now I need a new tank and a tanks worth of diesel.

Hence why I'm putting the feelers out there.
If I don't get it right this time it'll be divorce

When maintenance becomes a chore and hard work something has to change I think. Plus you need to tinker with plants and other things most days and going to get the step ladder is a pain.

Back