• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EARTHQUAKE!!!

TDI-line

Anyone here this today, struck about 1.00 AM with the epicentre near Market Rasen in North Lincolnshire.

Well it awoke me and my wife with a very loud noise and a rush of air, and the house shook, had a quick check of the tanks ;) , all ok, then back to bed.

Did remind me of Buncefield again.

Hope everyone is ok.

Yep felt this one :)

I'm sure i heard a noise before it all started, but couldnt be sure at the time as to whether i was just dreaming or not.

Good to see another yellow belly around !!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
what earthquake? :p

Woke me up too and then I took ages to get back to sleep. Been tired and grumpy all day; kids were so happy today...

(At least we covered why earthquakes happen so can tick that off the science list; they were all playing with the skin on their school custard today at lunch!)

It showed up on all the turbine vibration monitoring we have at work.

There was a much smaller one near Conway a year or two ago as well that we recorded.

Dave.

You bunch of sleeping moaners. lol

I was on tippy toes balanced on the edge of the bath stretching up with a cartridge gun siliconing the top of the tiled area Ive just done in my bathroom.

Guess what......

.....1 day off work and a very lucky bunny....

....My feet went backwards and off the bath edge and my rib cage smashed onto the bath edge.

Then I heard things vibrating like mad and though I had burst a pipe under the bath (I changed the taps last week!!!)

It was only in the evening that my Mum rang to ask if the earthquake woke me up? to which I replied 'what earthquake'

The inevitable answer at the end from me was ' I was awake at 1am and didn't even know there was an earthquake but it is good to know that my balance is OK and that I haven't knacke4red anything in the house. lol

Luckily just a little bruising and a nastly laughing wife.

Andy

guess I am one of the few that sleep so soundly that an earthquake didn't manage to wake me up. I even told my friend she must be so tired that she is hallucinating when she talks about earthquake during breakfast. lol

Welcome to my world :)

Luckily there's been no bad earthquakes since i've been living here, a few tremors but nothing bad.
It's a bit weird waling into a old building looking and thinking "if there's an earthquake now i'm screwed" :)

Really hope that's the last for another couple of hundred years in the UK, brick buildings and earthquakes are not good bed partners.

Cheers
Mark

Back