Easy Carbo and Flourish Excel

Which do you prefer?

• Excel?

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Easy Carbo?

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

Themuleous

I don't think there is a difference, except in concentration perhaps?

Just use excel cos that's what I got a while ago, but will prob try easycarbo at some stage.

Sam

Nick16

easy carbo becuase that is what i got, i think it is poisonous to shrimp though. either that is or its the TPN thats poisionous. as something killed all my shrimp :( :twisted: . not sure about excel though.

Superman

Nick16 said:
easy carbo becuase that is what i got, i think it is poisonous to shrimp though. either that is or its the TPN thats poisionous. as something killed all my shrimp :( :twisted: . not sure about excel though.
Hmm, easy carbo poisonous to shrimp? Not heard that before, might be why I have problems with them.

Ed Seeley

I've used EasyCarbo at double dosage with my shrimp and they've been fine so I don't think that's the problem Clark.

AFAIK they are the same, even in concentration and I believe the dosage rates are the same for both products too. The only difference was the price; EasyCarbo was cheaper!

Themuleous

I think the dose rate is much the same.

From AE;

Easycarbo

Tanks with minimal plants - 1ml per 100 litres
Tanks with fair amount of plants - 1ml per 50 litres
Tanks with large amount of plants - 1ml per 25 litres

Excel

1 capful (5ml) for every 200 L (50 gallons*) - 1ml per 40lt

Sam

Vito

Nick16 said:

I dose 3-4ml daily some times 5 and my shrims are constantly with eggs and looking healthy.
I went with easycarbo because it was cheaper than excel.