EASY CARBO FOR IWAGUMI

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by myboyshay, 17 Apr 2009.

1. myboyshay

myboyshay Member

Not sure whether to put this here or ferts but I'm planning my next set up for my home move and I'm still a bit weary of CO2 injection.
    Will dosing with EasyCarbo and TPN+ be OK for the following or will I have serious algae issues:

THE PLAN (TRUE IWAGUMI):
    Opti white tank 60x30x35
    Eheim Professional Thermo 2324 (700L/H) ADA lily pipes
    ADA substrate
    2x24W Arcadia Lighting
    Mini Landscape Rock hardscape
    A carpet of HC with no other plants
    20 amano shrimp
    8 otos
    15-20 cardinals
    50% water change weekly

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. samc

samc Member

IMO co2 is allways best you will probely have algae issues like you say, plants benefit more from co2 rather than easycarbo IMO too. what makes you weary of co2 injection?

3. myboyshay

myboyshay Member

"what makes you weary of co2 injection?"

Thanks for the reply, I guess I just find it all a bit daunting, extra cost, equipment, correct amount of CO2 etc.

Mark!

4. samc

samc Member

in the long run it isnt that much to keep going and not as hard as it sounds, as long as you have a drop checker then you cant go wrong many people get regs off ebay with built in solenoid for about £50 and drop checkers are about £5 for a cheap one. a bottle would be £15 (from dan crawford) and would last you about 6 months for a tank your size and then you can get them refilled.

it may sound alot to start with but its pretty important when it comes to planted tanks.
    george farmer did a tank with just easycarbo and had good results, but i think he went to co2 in the end.
    it may become hard work with just easycarbo though ;)

5. nry

nry Member

My thoughts? Try it and see :)

6. myboyshay

myboyshay Member

I think I'll give it a go you's have me convinced....still a bit scared though lol :?

Thanks for the advice

Mark

7. samc

samc Member

i think you will be fine check out the tutorial if you havent already seen it :D

8. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh pressuried CO2 is the way forward, once its set up you can pretty much leave alone.

If you've not already seen it have a read of this :)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266

Sam

PS - dont be scared by the warning in bold type at the start, that is to cover my ass as well as make the point. Its really not as scary as you might think.

9. Superman

Superman Member

As long as your careful, using pressurised is much better.

10. squiggley

squiggley Member

Got to admit I was nervous about connecting the FE and pulling the trigger on 50bar(725psi) andthat coming from someone who regulary tests componants at 551 bar (8000psi).