• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy Life Blue Exit: Problems?

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd provide an update on Blue Exit. It did appear to kill off some of the BGA. But, you guessed it, now it's back. And it has spread to the water surface, attaching itself to an oily film that had developed there. I have just started another course of treatment. Now, here's a question for the experts - what species of BGA (cyanobacteria) are present in freshwater aquaria? I've come across the following but cannot find a definite resource that names these bacteria. Here are a few:

Microcystis aeruginosa
Oscillatoria Sp.
Anabaena circinalis

I've also contacted the makers of Blue Exit (Easy-Life) in the hope that I can find out which cyanobacteria are targeted by this product.

JPC

I've also contacted the makers of Blue Exit (Easy-Life) in the hope that I can find out which cyanobacteria are targeted by this product.

Hi Folks,

This is the reply that I received from Easy-Life:

"Actually all cyano that can arise in freshwater tanks, can be removed with Blue Exit. Certainly this ‘most common’ cyano Microcystis aeruginosa".

JPC

Back