• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy live food

jameson_uk

I setup some Grindal Worm cultures a few weeks ago and they seem to be doing great (Thanks to @dw1305 's help).

These worms are pretty small and have been great for my Cory Fry (and the tetras seem to like the ). My Betta eats the Grindal worms but seems to be happier with frozen bloodworm.

I was wondering if there is something else that is just as easy to culture that is a little bit bigger? (Or at least something else to feed them).

You could try daphnia.

I have in my mind that there isn't much nutrition in Daphnia (no idea where I got that from though). I Daphnia is just a jar in the window?

Also, a bucket with some water outside should reward you with some mosquito larvae.
I am always put off by the thought of the garden being full of swarms of mosquitos if I forget to harvest them.

Hi all,
My Betta eats the Grindal worms
They really love mosquito larvae.
a bucket with some water outside should reward you with some mosquito larvae.
It should supply <"Bloodworm (Non-biting midges) as well">. If you keep it harvested you won't have a mosquito issue.
I Daphnia is just a jar in the window?
Easiest method is in a builders-bucket <"with some dried grass."> It should supply Daphnia and mosquito larvae etc.

cheers Darrel

Back