• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy way to remove inlet from tubing

kishan313

I’ve sort of ripped my hands to shreds trying to remove this part from the green tubing, is there an easy way to do it? Or shall I bin and replace it?

5c3c3016c4e356f1053c62039fe63d44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of the above should help, and if that still doesnt work, I make a small cut in the first few mm then it usually comes off. Then afterwards I remove those few mm of tubing altogether, so you do lose a few mm of tubing, but most of the time that shouldnt be an issue.

I know that one, it's the filter inlet from the (Ebay/aliexpress) SunSun filter inlet/outlet set... :) And the way the picture shows it, it definitively is the lock nut clamping the hose to the nozzle... And indeed as said above screw it all the way up to unlock the hose...

I bought a few of these sets a few years back and it also took me a few minutes to figure out the reversed logic of this hose locking design. :shh:

Screw the nut all the way on, then place the hose, then screw the nut down again to clamp the hose on the nozzle. And visa versa too unlock... ;)

Thanks guys, yes its the all pond solutions (sunset) external filter.

I'll give it a go today! Cheers!

Back