• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EasyCarbo and Riccardia Chamedryfolia 'Mini/Coral Pellia?'

NeilW

Having a general search reveals that some aquarists have had issues with liquid carbon and liverworts, bladderworts etc. I'm not sure however if this has been another case of ODing the product where you could normally get away with it with hardier species. My only experience of a liquid carbon + liverwort combo was when I did the pico competition and managed to bleach the colour out of my riccia fluitans with EC...

As you may or may not know I've had the odd algae issue in my nano tank due to lack of CO2 so I have temporarily removed the Riccardia Chamedryfolia from my tank whilst dosing EasyCarbo to cure the problem. I believe the problem is now fixed but I was thinking of dosing EC at the lower recommended dosage of 1ml per 50litres (roughly 0.4mls daily in my 17litre tank) to prevent the same thing happening again. Although this would mean I wouldn't be low-tech anymore I believe it would balance the system.

So my question is do you think that when used at low to standard recommended dosing that EasyCarbo would have adverse reaction to my Coral Pellia?

Cheers,
Neil

Re: EasyCarbo and Riccardia Chamedryfolia 'Mini/Coral Pellia

NeilW said:
So my question is do you think that when used at low to standard recommended dosing that EasyCarbo would have adverse reaction to my Coral Pellia?

I've used AE's liquid carbon at half recommended dosing levels for a few months on many different mosses and liverworts, including coral pellia, with no ill effect. They just grew faster :lol:

Re: EasyCarbo and Riccardia Chamedryfolia 'Mini/Coral Pellia

viktorlantos said:
do not think so. it should not.
a1Matt said:
I've used AE's liquid carbon at half recommended dosing levels for a few months on many different mosses and liverworts, including coral pellia, with no ill effect. They just grew faster :lol:

Cheers guys, I'll stick it back in the tank then, easy as that! I may start it on half dosage and work up, if I get it to full dose then I can use this useful pump bottle (ADA style) I picked up from Superdrug as its dispenses roughly 0.4mls a pump so that would make it nice and easy.

Back