• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ebay Regulators

I just ordered the Aquatic Magic reg and solenoid (option 2)

So hopefully itll all work out fine with a nice big FE once ive bought the rest of my equipment for my 120cm set up :p

This Post is a good 'un

Richie

Personally I use these convertors rather than shavers adaptors as they fit much more securely and safely on a permanent basis. You can also get ones to fit plugs with transformers too.

Ed Seeley said:
Personally I use these convertors rather than shavers adaptors as they fit much more securely and safely on a permanent basis. You can also get ones to fit plugs with transformers too.

Ive seen those converters elsewhere on here.

But i couldnt figure out what one i would need :wideyed:

But now that ive looked more into them

Would it be this one i use in conjunction with the Aquatic Magic Solenoid?

[Link removed has per the site owners request- LondonDragon]

And as for wilkos Aaron... ive never heard of them haha?

I assume its a shop?

Richie

Well I've just ordered all the lunapet kit to go with my FE and cheapo ebay glass diffuser. I contacted them directly and asked if they'd do me a deal since I wanted quite a few bits and pieces, they accepted my offer and I saved myself a few quid. Will let you know how it's all going when I've set it up after my B'day (it's officially a prezzie so I can't do it before).

Egmel said:
Well I've just ordered all the lunapet kit to go with my FE and cheapo ebay glass diffuser. I contacted them directly and asked if they'd do me a deal since I wanted quite a few bits and pieces, they accepted my offer and I saved myself a few quid. Will let you know how it's all going when I've set it up after my B'day (it's officially a prezzie so I can't do it before).
You won't be disapointed, mine has been working great with an FE ;) shame I spent the money on their 2Kg bottle!

I buy almost everything from the biggest online shop in Austria http://www.aquadiskont.at, Thomas the owner is a very good guy! The website is in English, but some (not all) descriptions are in German.

Got a quality Papillon pressure reducer with a noname solenoid valve for a total of EUR 99.8 = GBP 77.76

I know it's a little more expensive than Ebay prices but it's a Papillon stuff (the needle valve is really excellent - easy to adjust and precise) and Thomas says the solenoid is the very same product being sold under the name Papillon for more money. :)

I hope this helps.

Ok well as I said I went with the Lunapet option.

It took what seemed like ages to arrive (but was probably only about 10 working days and it had to make its way through the uni postal system too!)

The solenoid is currently silent, which is brilliant and it also appears not to get too warm which is a bonus.

Having never held a regulator before I can't comment on quality but it seems sturdy enough and was extremely easy to set up and adjust.

So generally, I'm happy, I let you know if I get any problems.

I have just bought the one at the begining of this thread from Aquarium HK i will write a review once i have it on construction and noise levels of the solidnoid. ETC.

Thought it would be worth an update, I've just finished my first CO2 bottle, and everything is still running smoothly.

The solenoid is still quiet.
I haven't found any leaks.
There wasn't any need to re-adjust the regulator as the cannister pressure dropped, it managed it all brilliantly.
Swapping over the cannister was as easy as setting it up the first time.

I'm still a happy bunny with my purchase :)

I had Option 2 on about July 2008. And found the problem before Xmas since a JBL 500g bottle lasted about 5 days.

The solenoid sounds a bit when it turns on/off..a quite click noisy...thats all , and so there is no prob with it. The only problem is the Regulator. The gas was leaking from the left guage, under the black steel box there is a small space, about 0.5 cm long. This is where i never thought i should test for the leaks.

When i tested for the leak i didn't start from the guages as i thought i didn't need to...but i was wrong. For a 2kg FE bottle, it lasted about 4-6 weeks with 3bps or so and i thought it is normal.Then later a new bottle last about 4 weeks, still didn't know the leak, i stopped using the regulator last month and detected the causes on last night (02.01.2009). I tried to open the faulty gauge but it tighten so hard i couldn't open it. It seems now that i need to buy a new regulator and i think i might to reuse the solenoid.

I replaced the UK plug when it arrived and this is safe...

I'm looking for a replacement and found this link, thought like to share the problem.

For a new regulator, I'm tempted to go for this one (see the links), and have a second thought about it because it is sold in USA and the postal charge is about $90, when the system is sold only $189.00 (about £110).

http://www.aquariumplants.com/AquariumP ... _p/co2.htm

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... s-com.html

Hi I'm new to the forum and am very interested in what you guys are saying with regards to CO2 regulators and solenoid valves as I am in the throws of setting up a planted aquaria, or shoudl I say it's still in the planing stages at the moment! "Research thoroughly and then get your hands wet" is what I say!
With regards to the removal of the plug invalidating the warranty! I would be very surprised that any supplier would dis-honor their agreament if the product was to be at fault, after all there would only be two wires (Live and Neutral) on all 100 to 230Vac switching solenoids. Please note all european cables are harmonized now days so Live is Brown and Neutral is Blue and fit your BS1363 (13amp plug) with a 3 amp fuse.
Regards American cable standards, these are different, typically Black, White, and Green. Black is Live - White is Neutral, and the Green is Earth.
Make sure you know what switching voltage your solenoid is, there are also DC options, which in theory would be far safer to use in the vacinity of water, but obviously you would need to suorce an additional power source to step your AC supply to the DC supply required.

BUT REMEMBER - IF IN DOUBT CONSULT AN EXPERT!!!!!

just wondering what you make of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Sing...14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

single pressure manometer £16.49 delivered.

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Needle-valve-...hash=item260221417280&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

needle valve £11.19 delivered.

not going to bother with solenoids and timers/pH controllers. just run it at a slightly higher consumption rate and have some surface movement.

the way I see it I can get pressurised CO2 for under £50 that way (especially if I buy the glass diffusers from ebay)

Back