• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus palaefolius var. latifolius

Ross

Now I have one of these in my tank and it keeps growing really nice red leafs and the sending nice red ones out of the tank is this normal?

Ross said:
Now I have one of these in my tank and it keeps growing really nice red leafs and the sending nice red ones out of the tank is this normal?
If the tank is small then they will grow out:

Echinodorus-palaefolius-var.-latifolius.jpg

Yes thats what happens its a 90x45x45 its stared shooting up again.

This plant has a tendency to do this, here a quote I picked up while doing a quick search:

In my tank this plant has grown about 21 inches and then 12 inches out of the water apparently if you trim the aquatic leaves just below the surface the plant will stay smaller and aquatic. Aquatic leaves are slender and pointed whereas emerged leaves are more round.

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I was just wondering are these able to grow so well above water at normal UK humidity. Do they need to be sprayed often?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I was just wondering are these able to grow so well above water at normal UK humidity. Do they need to be sprayed often?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Depends on the Echinodorus sp, some do some don't.. Spraying in a living room invironment under artificial light wont make much of a difference. It evaporates again before it has the chance of doing any good.. :) Than you would realy need a closed system with a hood to keep the air humidity at steady levels. So it's kinda trail and error to find a sp. that aint to fussy about lower air humidities.

Seeing the aboved picture, if that is a E. palaefolius it already answers the question i guess.. Personaly i have the Jungle star cultivar from Dennerle growing like this, it also stands in a pot in the living room and holds on pretty good. Seem more Echinodorus like this, but didn't found out with sp they were.

Back