• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus problem.

Phillip Macken

Seedling
I added these to my tank about 2-3 weeks back and now they have gone and done this. This happened over the course of about 2-3 days and despite my best efforts I can't get them to come back. The roots have dug in well to the substrate and I have high light and use Easy-Live Easycarbo and other ferts. No Co2 diffuser (Can't afford one at the moment).

TOc3bJA.jpg

Any ideas/Help?

Cheers

Those are the old emersed leaves which will decay, fall off and hopefully be replaced by different shaped submerged leaves.

That said it also looks a bit like mechanical damage - do you have a plec or similar which might be munching on them?

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Reactions: tim
Those are the old emersed leaves which will decay, fall off and hopefully be replaced by different shaped submerged leaves.

That said it also looks a bit like mechanical damage - do you have a plec or similar which might be munching on them?

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Will it fix itself or will I have to trim them?

Like Tom says - trim damaged leaves off, as soon as you have new leaves visible ( I see new leaves already ).Leaves of Ech. bleheri should not ever decay in this way, though, so I'm pretty sure the problem will continue on the new leaves. Something MUST be eating off softer parts of leaf-plate, to cause this appearance........and Plecostomus is my prime suspect, too ( but very huge sp. of snails can do this too ). You have to find the cause of problem, to be able to solve it. I don't believe this is just a matter of "adaption"-problems for the plant, and therefore it will not likely solve itself !!

Back