• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus Problems

johnny70

I bought a few of these Echinodorus from P@H, they have new plants now(stopped selling Tropica :twisted: ) been planted a few weeks now and as you see from the picture they have a few lines where they seem to be breaking down, is this a deficiency of some kind or just the leaves changing to be grown under water? Rest of the plants in the tank do well mainly crypts, anubais, Hygrophilia, Aponogeton, Crinum and Juncus repens.

IMG_3779.jpg

Tank is a Rio 180.
Tetra Plant Complete Substrate topped with Silica sand.
Fluval 305, Juwel internal with 1500LPH head and Koralia 2 powerhead.
Standard lighting 2 x 30w
Ph 6.8
Kh 0/1
Gh 6
Temp25ºc

Dosing wise using;
6tsp Potassium Nitrate
3tsp Potassium Phosphate
12tsp Magnesium sulfate (been using this for only a week, using GH booster before)
1000ml water

2tsp Trace
1000ml Water

Dosing 60ml of 1st mix 3 x a week
and dosing 40ml Trace 3 x a week
Dosing 9ml eastcarbo daily

30% water change every 7 days

Thoughts?

JOHNNY

They look like old emersed leaves that have been folded or damaged at some point in transit. They'll die off and new submersed leaves will form. Once they get too tatty and the new leaves have come through I'd remove them.

thats what I thought at first but small brown holes are also appearing on other leaves too, thats what made me think deficiency

Cheers,
JOHNNY

Back