• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus seedling question

Nont

Hi there,

So about 2 weeks ago I got some Echinodorus seeds from a dried flower stalk. I sowed seeds into container with only water instead of moist substrate because of my lack of experience and doesn’t read any article prior to that :banghead:. However, one seed did managed to germinated at the time of writing this thread.

The question is as follows:
1. What should I do with floating seedling in the water? Should I grow it in a different container with moist substrate or just left it there?
2. What light should I be using and how long should it be on?
3. When can I start adding fertiliser?
4. Assuming, I move the seedling to the emersed container, will injecting CO2 into the container speed the seedling growth considering CO2 in our air is already high?

will injecting CO2 into the container
I don't think so. As you say there are lots of CO2 in the atmosphere and plants also need oxygen when they respire. Saturated humidity would be key to success, especially in the early stages of growth. Tap water may contain enough nutrients if changed frequently.

Good luck (There must be lots of info from commercial hybridizers on growing from seed)

Back