• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Plant Profile Echinodorus tenellus

Plantbase

Plantbase submitted a new Plantbase Item:

Echinodorus tenellus

Small foreground plants for aquariums are in short supply, but Echinodorus tenellus from North America is one of the best. The runners spread round the aquarium. A true "lawn'' effect appr. 5-10 cm tall is only achieved at high light intensities, so you must make sure larger plants do not overshadow the plant. Plant individual plants a couple of centimetres apart (easiest with tweezers). A nutritious bottom promotes growth.

Plant information obtained from: Tropica Aquarium Plants - www.tropica.com

Read more about this Plantbase item here...

This is where it'd be nice to see a real life photo whether that be Master Amano or even Master Barr's version AND a regular member's version so as not frighten us newcomers too much but at least a wee photo on this page would be nice.

In my experience, this plant is prolific, jumps mountains and at the moment for me it's riccia's separated twin , a contender for me for start up tanks just for how quick it takes hold and sends out runners. Very easy.

(second plant from left at substrate, spider plant like grass for anyone not knowing.

Think it's actually been reclassified as "Helanthium".
DSC00654 (3).JPG

Too late to edit but final but how you classify it in a plant context, even Cory proof. None in the picks but they take delight in uprooting anything everything that I've tried to. THEY arrange plants, as it happens they know better than me and plants have flourished where they've move them - go figure!