• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eco complete info.

Maximumbob

Hey guys.. i'm looking to kit out my RIO 180 with a new substrate. Currently it is an inert black gravel (looks like rolled crushed glas tbh)

I'm quite keen on ECO Comlete as its a black substrate and wont mess with the water chemistry. I would be introducing fish to it immediately in a kinda substrate switc operation. I was also toying with the idea of adding some tropica substrate beneath it to add some extra nutrition as I plan to plant quite a lot of crypts.

Has anyone got any advice on this aspect of things and can anyone recommend a well priced UK delivery place.

EC is an excellent substrate IMHO, although it does mess with the water chemistry a bit, in that it will raise the Gh and Kh a bit, to 8 and 6 respectively in my soft water tank.. Nothing to major but just so you are aware :)

Re getting it, AE is probably your best bet and you'll no doubt be getting a few bags so delivery will be free (i.e. order over £50).

As for the tropica substare, I wouldn't personally, as the EC will be more than adequate. You could always add some root tabs if need be, but the tropica substrate will mix with the EC eventually which'll ruin the look.

Sam

if you look closley £6 for one bag and £2 extra for each additional bag.

cost me £123.88 total for 6 bags including postage. i ordered last friday, no sign of it yet i'll let you know when it turns up. provided they haven't done a runner or sell substandard stock it looks like a good deal.

just arrived today. 2 packages perfectly wrapped with 3 bags in each.

100% perfect

Hi, I have the eco complete stuff. Root growth is amazing compared to using silic sand and laterite base layer. Also it didn't do anything to my water chemistry.
pH7, gh 7 and kh 4.

I have 100lbs for sale if you are anywhere near London SE9? Used in my tank for 2 years.

Incidently, I used 100lbs in a 180l tank. 3" depth is ideal for this substrate.

I managed to get some from the same ebayer as mentioned above... it arrived promptly and well packaged. I opted for 4 bags. I just have to organise some time to do the substrate switch! ANd I also need to buy a water but to keep the fish in during the change!

glad the link was usefull. just a tip though if you are removing fish then is possible totally empty the tank of water before adding ecocomplete, it does not need washing as it is prepacked in blackwater. this does not mean it's nice and clean. i added it straight to a full tank and it took about a week to clear with dust all over everything in the tank. also the layers will settle better if in a dry tank.

good luck.

my plan was to fully empty the tank of the fish water plants and old substrate. The put in the eco complete with new bogwood and replanting followed by the fish.

perfect i just wish i'd done that.

Has anyone got corys in a tank using this? I'm thinking of using this when I replace my substrate, but I have a lot of corys that it must be ok for.

Thanks
JOHNNY

Back