• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eco-complete question

fishkeeper

As eco-complete is shipped in a water solution. Is it ok to open the bag and pour the sunstrate into the aquarium without putting any water in for about a week or 2 until i get plants? I cant wait to get my new tank started but i have to wait for the half term to get the plants as im at school for the week now comming :( I also would like to play around with aquascapes but i dont want any condensation or anything making the tank look rubbish whilst there is nothing in it.

Thanks

Will

Im guessing Theres a chance the liquid in the bag will evaporate and once dry the bacteria in the substrate will die. I would wait. One of the drawbacks of Eco complete IMO that you dont get the time to play with your hard/dry scape.

The liquid with the Eco-complete is a bacterial liquid. This is meant to kick start the bacteria in the substrate when you set the tank up. Putting it in the tank now may mean this liquid dries out and you'd loose the bacteria.

However, how many other substrates has this bacteria water? Very few. So it doesn't really matter if you 'loose' the bacteria, they will grow again.

Personally I'd get scaping!

Sam :)

Back