Eco-Complete

Discussion in 'Substrates' started by amy4342, 20 Dec 2008.

1. amy4342

amy4342 Member

I'm rescaping my tank over the Christmas Holls (just blagged myself some lovely redmoor from The Trading company :) ), so I was thinking that this would be the perfect opportunity to replace the substrate because I'm ripping everything out anyway. Not sure if it needs replacing tho, thinking about it, because it's only 2 years old and I use EI dosing anyway. Any thoughts?

2. Nick16

Nick16 Member

what have you got? just plain sand or gravel or anything underneath?

3. amy4342

amy4342 Member

oops, completely forgot to mention that duh :oops: . The existing sustrate is eco-complete, its 2 years old, so I was wondering if it would be near exhaustion and therefore worth replacing. Thanks

4. Nick16

Nick16 Member

no, it has a few more years in it. it depends if your next scpae is going to be long term (e.g 3 or 4 years). if it is then i would change it.

5. amy4342

amy4342 Member

lol, my scapes don't tend to last that long - I get bored :lol: . I'll probably be rescaping in my next christmas holls :D . Thanks for the advice - I'll probably replace it the Christmas after next