• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eco complete

MrWhite

Seedling
Ive read and also seen in londondragons journal that aquasoil clouds water when its disturb and basically turns to mud after so long is this the same case with eco complete because i wanna buy this stuff but if thats the case then i will just buy something else

thanks

Hi,
Aquasoil I is the superior product in terms of nutrient availability. Many of the clouding complaints are associated with AS II. EC is a decent substrate and does not have a clouding issue, but also does not contain NPK, only some traces. This is much more important than the inconvenience of a little clouding. If you dose the water column then AS's higher nutrient content is less of an advantage. All things being equal, AS is the better choice, really.

Cheers,

Think i will go for eco complete then thanks guys so eco complete doesn't turn to mud then ?

Hi,

I've used EC on my main tank for over a year now. I like it but there are a couple of issues.

1. Variable grain size. You can get bags that are much larger then others in grain size. Even within one bag you can get some large grains in with it. I ended up sieving it for use in my nanos.

2. I did find some of my stems when i had them and some crypts wanted more root feeding and used some tabs. But it may have also been inaccurate water column dosing by me, so i'd seek other verification on that opinion.

It was my first substrate post gravel and inert sand so i can give any comparable reports. I am going to try other things on my nanos when I rescape them (tis the reason i'm in this forum area right now :D ).

Best Regards,
John

Back