• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ecomarine Radion XR15FW

mantis147

Hello All,

Im New to the forum and just recently setup a new tank after being out for the last 4 years or so, but i have just purchased the radion XR15FW for My 90ltr Fluval Roma and was wondering if anyone else has the same unit on here? Im just curious to what spectrum/light cycle other people use to get the maximum benefit?

Cheers
Lee.

Hello All,
Im New to the forum and just recently setup a new tank after being out for the last 4 years or so, but i have just purchased the radion XR15FW for My 90ltr Fluval Roma and was wondering if anyone else has the same unit on here? Im just curious to what spectrum/light cycle other people use to get the maximum benefit?

Hello,
Use whatever spectrum makes the tank look pretty to you. The problem is that you should refrain from using high intensity for a few months and keep the power level down to about 20% for now.

Cheers,

There's a great review on PFK from George Farmer:
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=6599

the overall colour rendition is almost overwhelmingly blue/purple for my taste. This isn’t a problem because the unit has six pre-programmed light configurations ranging from very warm colour rendition (around 3,000K) to the much cooler and crisp blue/purple rendition (around 14,000K).

Hello,
Use whatever spectrum makes the tank look pretty to you. The problem is that you should refrain from using high intensity for a few months and keep the power level down to about 20% for now.

Cheers,
I have it set at 70% for about 6hrs of the day at the min then lower for dusk/dawn approx 30%. Is that to prevent algae i presume?
Hello,

Cheers,

I have it set at 70% for about 6hrs of the day at the min then lower for dusk/dawn approx 30%. Is that to prevent algae i presume?
Yes, light triggers algae. If you had a PAR meter, you could set the power so that at the intensity at the substrate would be about 40-50 micromoles, but lacking such a device, it's safest to reduce the power to no more than about 20% until the plants adjust to being underwater and until they adjust to your figuring out CO2/flow/distribution.

Cheers,

Back