• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ecotech Radion Freshwater LED

Daveslaney

Anyone using these lights?
Your thoughts on them please.
Currently trying to save the cash for some new lights. Was thinking of Kessil 360 tuna suns, But after seeing the Radions in a LFS I really like the look and features of these lights.

I ordered 3 x XR15FW (Newest ones) but haven't set them up yet. Not much published about them but if you google you'll find some info.

It's the matter of budget. They're super customization I don't know how you can go wrong. The shimmer is something to get used to if you're coming from T5HO. Not sure if I'll like it...

Try a search here, there is lots of info on the forum somewhere.
I use one as well and it's pretty darn good, but so are the Kessils. I guess it's down to personal preference.

I chose Radion because at the time it was much more controllable and it was easier to suspend from the ceiling.

Note that Kessil has put out alternate control cables so compatible with Neptune & Digital Aquatics controllers in addition to Kessil controller BUT still need cable connector rather than wireless

The kessils use the industrial DALI 0-10Volt analog input to control intensity and spectrum. Which can be done wireless as I have done it via PLC, do it via mobile phone. So the kessil controller could be used also with any other light unit which also uses the DALI 0-10v input to control them, after all the kessils just use a stero Aux cable. Got my cables to control my four kessils for peanuts off eBay

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

Well I finally got mine. 3 for 180cmx60x60 tank.

You can't go wrong. Price is high. I plan to use these for their full life time. I don't see how else they can be improved. The color is definitely different than T5HOs. Things are somewhat washed out, but that's my own opinion. I'm coming from a ATI T5HO with a variety of bulbs (the blend is amazing).

Things are somewhat washed out
I noticed that as well, but I eventually struck upon a decent combination. And the plants seemed to respond by greening up, so all was well in the end.

any updates on these guys ? I'm thinking of getting one but would like a bit of long term feedback as to if you feel they were really worth the extra ££

Back