• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Edward's Eternal Tranquility... (update 10.04)

Piece-of-fish

Hi and Merry Christmas all.
I am starting my vivarium nano tank today. Everything is ready. All plants are coming from my other tanks.
Tank is around 15l, have to measure dimensions.
Filter aguapro 950lph probably will be turned down slightly.
Substrate: colombo florabase. This is the first time i am betraying my beloved akadama and using expensive soil :D
Lighting 2x11w arcadia arcpod.
CO2 pressurized 6.35kg :crazy: bottle 24/7 via inline diffuser.
Hardscape: Mini landscape rock and Brazilian Hardwood.

Plants:
Needle leaf Java fern
Anubias nana petite
Pelia
HC
Ludwigia arcuata
Micranthenum micraithemoides
Eleocharis parvula
Moss?

Need some feedback on which hardscape to choose. I am leaning toward without the extra brunch as it is looking to busy and symmetrical on the photos. In real it is looking good, the extra branch is leaning on the front glass.
Enjoy....

with.jpg

without.jpg
:oops:

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... Which hardscape?

i like it with the extra branch, just because that gap looks bad with it out, but with the extra branch it brings the focal point to the centre too much, without it when you plant up if you fill that gap with a plant it may look better. :) just my my 2p's

Looks like devil in aquarium. Why don't you remove left branches ship them to me and keep the right side. It would be looking much better. Mery Chrismas to you too :)

Radik said:
Looks like devil in aquarium. Why don't you remove left branches ship them to me and keep the right side. It would be looking much better. Mery Chrismas to you too :)

Nice sense of humour :lol:

Mark Evans said:
The second one gets my vote :thumbup:

Thats what i chose as well. Anyway wouldnt be able to fit 2 arcpods with that branch. Planting and maintenance would be harder as well.
The tank is planted. Water is clear from the start. Guess i've done good job filling it slowly :D
Pictures to come tomorrow.

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... Planted, pics to follow...

Planted. Please excuse cabinet reflection. I think the soil also expanded when with water. Should have used a bit less i think...

planted.jpg

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... Planted

I've got no constructive criticism at all. It looks amazing, am looking forward to seeing it growing in :)

(Thanks for your help today Edward, much appreciated :D )

Thank you all. Have to replace bulbs now as these could be old and have different color. Only HC is pearling. Will start dosing in few days.

Ah like it aloooooot!

I really really like the hardscape layout style thing going on, as George said it really does captcher(spelling?) That classic NA style.

Nice one mate.

Late thanks Tony and Nayr ;)
Here is a little update. Quick photos so excuse the quality.
I was stragling with GDA a lot so decided to finally try this do not touch it for 3 weeks method.
Actually i have left it untouched for 4 weeks.

vivarium_gda.jpg

vivarium_trimmed.jpg

It was such a pleasure to see what is going on inside after 4 weeks finally :lol:
Everything cleaned off very easily so it makes me think that GDA went through the active stage and died.
Hopefully it will never come back.
I started to perform daily water changed and dose a bit of liquid carbon. Will continue thise routine until vivarium.
Will trim plants but i think it is better to do it gradually to not upset things again too much.
Trimmed HC today.
Unfortunately i have not used enough hairgrass in the beginning and it wont carpet nicely until vivarium. But still should look nice if algae does not come back.
Fingers crossed.

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... (01.03.2011 update)

Nice!
Looks really good, I'd be very pleased!

That looks fantastic mate, fair play for going down that route, I bet it was killing you!

What! Haha, how did it go from green soup to that! I bet it was well exciting cleaning the muck of the glass and doing a nice big water change and seeing what was underneath.

Did you literally stop dosing? what was the whole method?

Back