• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eggs or Gravel?

tam

My fish were gathered in one spot this morning looking like they were feeding. So I syphoned the area in case the ember tetras had been egg scattering. But I can't tell if I've just carefully rescued some sand or there are eggs in there too. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_7771.JPG
    IMG_7771.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 198
I can see some perfect spherical objects that look the same size, so I think you have a few eggs in there.

Thanks fingers crossed then - I did think I might just being imaginative! I've put my gravel in a HOB breeder box with a dripping airline circulating the water through. I've had a single ember fry just appear twice in the past so I know they do spawn/eggs can catch hatch in my water.

Google says anything between 24-72 hours for hatching?

They are Ember tetras so pretty small fish to start with. I'm still not sure if it's just wishful thinking lol I guess if they are eggs and are fertile there might be eye spots developing in them tomorrow?

Back