• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim air lock

mfcphil

Any ideas how to get the air out?

The left pipe which has a large air bubble which I can not get out comes from the furthest pipe in the tank

12.jpg

The closest inlet in ok abd the spray bar is ok

Sorted now thanks turned it to realy low and I could see the air trying to come out then had another blast on the primer and forced the last bit out :clap:

Steve

The middle pipe is the return to the tank.

mfcphil said:
Any ideas how to get the air out?

The left pipe which has a large air bubble which I can not get out comes from the furthest pipe in the tank

12.jpg

The closest inlet in ok abd the spray bar is ok

Phil
On the right hand side of the filter head behind the adaptor unit (adaptor unit is where the pipe attached) there is a priming button give that a push a couple of times, that should move it - another trick is to kink or bend the other incoming water pipe it will force the filter to draw water into the unit via the pipe with the air lock - if you had those inline shut off taps your can prime each of the intake pipes individually, my filter did the same thing as yours and I thought the first time it happened - eye eye not enough test by eheim at the factory. Six hours later I got it working - what was happening was - when I was pumping the priming button water was been drawn back into the filter by the water outlet pipe which filled the recess in the pre filter tray, in the middle of the recess there is a little flap, this flap only allows the water to flow one way and if there is water within the recess the flap won't work correctly as the water creates resistance, it does state within the manual to make sure there is no water within the recess - make sure after cleaning there is no residual water in the recess and when primming lift the spray bar above the water level so no water can be draw backward or when refilling the tank after water change prime pump before the water level get to the spray bar.

Regards
paul.

Cheers Paul....am going to order those isolator taps...and a decent hose pipe :thumbup:

Phil

I will post some picyies at the weekend with the hose pipe attached to the filter / sink and sink tap / inside tank, and add them to your thread.

Regards
Paul.

Back