• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim and Fluval leaking...

alzak

Hi

I do have Eheim 2078 set up as my everyday filter and after today cleaning when I put everything together guess what LEAK massive one ... who I should contact about manufacture warranty as it is just 18 months old.

This is not all, after changing filter for my spare one Fluval 205 this one develop a leak as well this time from o ring on priming bit, where I can get spare parts for fluval as it is nearly 4 years old so no warranty on it

Thanks for help

strip it down checking all the seals you can get eheim seal kits as i have spear kit for my wet and dry contact ehiem or local LFS they should be able to get you one

Sure fluval will do the same Ive got a fluval parts book some ware so ill have a look 2morrow and get back to ya
What fluval is it dose it have ribbed pipe or smooth pipe

there is a known problem with the eheim pump head leaking , i have had both pump heads replaced now on my 2073's by j allan aquariums and repairers , google them and give them a ring as they are the uk distributors for eheim , there should be no problem with exchange as still in warranty as not 3 years old yet

As Above call John Allan Aquarium. If its leaking where the pump head meets the cannister they might just send you a seal kit. I think the 'known' leaking applied to 2071, 73 and 75 pump heads. 2076 and 2078 were not affected.

Have recently used John Allan and got excellent service :thumbup:

Fluval don't have seal kit on there parts list but there's the part numbers for the 205 parts

ekobo.jpg

3525a4k.jpg

2816f0p.jpg

i email John Allan Aquarium yesterday but no reply today I'm glad that I do have another filter on this tank ... as my spare one have no use as well

i found you are better of ringing John Allan Aquarium than emailing , they are extremely helpful :)

Back