• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EHEIM biopower 200 Power plug removal question

Robbie X

Hello all.
I have not been online for ages but I am planning a new build for Channa bleheri so I will be online a lot more from now on.
I am having a custom tank built by Aquariums4life (see attached images of a similar tank).
It will be around 130L and 36x15x15 inches in size and will have sliding glass covers as Channa bleheri are notorious escape artists.
I will be running a Eheim Biopower 200 internal filter for this setup but have a problem.
If you look at the images you will see in each rear corner the cutouts for pipe work.
A UK plug will not fit through these cutouts so I will have to remove the plug then refit once the cable is passed through.
I believe these filters come with a moulded plug attached so I will have to cut this off then fit a standard plug.
Would this be ok do you think?
cheers

Attachments

• A69B2EAA-D417-4AAC-887B-DA159B965577.jpeg
    A69B2EAA-D417-4AAC-887B-DA159B965577.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 121
  • E0315582-06FF-413F-9422-199D06BE920D.jpeg
    E0315582-06FF-413F-9422-199D06BE920D.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 82
I would simply cut the cable, and attach a standard plug. A lot of chinese items come with various plugs that need changing ... On a side note, what worries me more is the copper wire thickness / area, and sometimes the thin insulation of the chinese products.

Hi @Robbie X your idea sounds perfectly fine. I've had to do the same for multiple electronic items.
With my eheim filter the plug comes apart and there's a euro style plug inside. Not sure if the Biopower 200 is the same but worth checking before you cut it off.
Many thanks, sir.
The gaps will only be 2cm wide on my request as it only needs room for a filter power cable and 6mm tubing for CO2.
I want to reduce the possibility of the fish slithering out of the gaps. Once the tank arrives and the cable and CO2 are fitted I will than cover those gaps with mesh.

I believe these filters come with a moulded plug attached so I will have to cut this off then fit a standard plug.
Would this be ok do you think?
Just make sure you leave a drip loop, make sure it's not fouled by anything and you will have no problems.
Cheers!

I would simply cut the cable, and attach a standard plug. A lot of chinese items come with various plugs that need changing ... On a side note, what worries me more is the copper wire thickness / area, and sometimes the thin insulation of the chinese products.
Many thanks.
This made me think.
How do you tell which cable is positive and negative?
I am thinking that the cables will not be colour coded as one would find on a standard UK cable?

Should be colour coded, CE and all that, I can't see Eheim not complying, blue = neutral, brown = positive, Don't worry they will be colour coded
Just for info -:
europe is same colours as uk
Usa - white = nuetral, & black positive ( If they are the colours check voltage sticker, UK is 220 )

Back