• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Pro 3e 2078

alip01

Hi all,

The filters on my Trigon 350 mbuna tank are being noisy, despite me trying everything I can think of to quieten them, and so I've been considering getting an Eheim Pro 3e 2078. 8)

I've got a few questions:
Is it really really quiet (which is the main issue for me)?
Is it easy to maintain?
How do you move it about (as it will be needing to come out of the cupboard to be maintained, and could be potentially really heavy)?
Is it worth the money?
Where's the cheapest place to get it and the media from (I've found it for £187, but that's not including media)?

I could go with an FX5, but apparently they are quite noisy?

Thanks,

alip01 said:
Hi all,

The filters on my Trigon 350 mbuna tank are being noisy, despite me trying everything I can think of to quieten them, and so I've been considering getting an Eheim Pro 3e 2078. 8)

I am in th process of buying a 2080 so I can answer some of your question.

I've got a few questions:
Is it really really quiet (which is the main issue for me)?
Is it easy to maintain?
How do you move it about (as it will be needing to come out of the cupboard to be maintained, and could be potentially really heavy)?
Supplied with built in wheels (only 2) for easy movement.
Is it worth the money?
There are cheaper units on the market - currently running a tetratec 1200 nice unit, quite but a pain to clean inlet / outlet pipes and the head leaks sometimes.
Where's the cheapest place to get it and the media from (I've found it for £187, but that's not including media)?
Be careful where you buy it from I have been waiting 5 week for delivery from an aquatic warehouse cost £166.97, fed up of waiting cancelled order - now trying to find one elsewhere.
I could go with an FX5, but apparently they are quite noisy?
FX5 is huge size wise - there is a thread on the forum Ehiem 2080 v FX5 have a look under filtration and look for considering changing filter
Thanks,
Regards

Paul.

I'm planning on getting Aquatics Online to price match it. I've used them before with no problems. :)

I really want just the one filter, rather than two, though I'm currently running a TT EX1200 on my 60L planted tank, and it's good, so I may get two of those.

Thanks for the help so far,

I think I've decided I'm going to get one, as all the reviews say they are good. Mum's also decided she can claim the VAT back, as it's to do with computers, well the microchip bit is. :lol:

I'm a bit tempted by the 2074, as that's got a USB connection. 8)

Though it's smaller, so I guess capacity is more important than high tech features. :(

LondonDragon said:
alip01 said:
as that's got a USB connection. 8)(
What is that for? so you can plug in your memory stick and display the photos to your fish?? :p

I have no idea, it just sounds cool. ;)

Eheim say 'USB connection for programming and software update via PC' in the specification for it.

Back