• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim VivalineLED 240 Level

IvanK

Hi All,

I have recently filled in my aquarium and noticed that it is slightly off level - left to right. It is Eheim VivalineLED 240 Level, 120mm wide. the difference in levels is about 5mm. The floor is carpet. Front to back seems to be fine.
Do you think this is an issue - I have read a lot of different opinions and tbh I am not sure how to proceed.
Many thanks in advance! Cheers!

Ivan

Attachments

• 20221215_194251.jpg
    20221215_194251.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 20221216_092649.jpg
    20221216_092649.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 59
Hi All,

I have recently filled in my aquarium and noticed that it is slightly off level - left to right. It is Eheim VivalineLED 240 Level, 120mm wide. the difference in levels is about 5mm. The floor is carpet. Front to back seems to be fine.
Do you think this is an issue - I have read a lot of different opinions and tbh I am not sure how to proceed.
Many thanks in advance! Cheers!

Ivan
Hi @IvanK Making sure the tank is leveled evens out the stress. That said, it can be difficult to get it absolutely perfect. How much of a difference in water level do you measure between the two front corners - say the gap between the waterline and the hood? From the look of the bubble level and the waterline its not too bad IMO. But others might have a better sense of the situation.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi @IvanK Making sure the tank is leveled evens out the stress. That said, it can be difficult to get it absolutely perfect. How much of a difference in water level do you measure between the two front corners - say the gap between the waterline and the hood? From the look of the bubble level and the waterline its not too bad IMO. But others might have a better sense of the situation.

Cheers,
Michael
Hi Michael, many thanks for the reply. The gap between the water line and the hood at the left hand side is 4mm, and at time the gap at the right hand side corner is 0mm. Definitely not level, however, is that difference neglectable?

Hi Michael, many thanks for the reply. The gap between the water line and the hood at the left hand side is 4mm, and at time the gap at the right hand side corner is 0mm. Definitely not level, however, is that difference neglectable?
I am not a mechanical or structural engineer, but given the size of your tank (240L) and the relative unevenness (4-5 mm) it would bother me personally; if not for anything else, it would be unattractive to see a visible slant to the water level.

Back in the old days when I had tanks sitting on aluminum stands I could adjust the legs to make it perfectly even - not sure if this cabinet of yours features anything similar.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back