• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI dosing - PO4 salt don't show any trace of PO4

:D Having a bad day @ManDrawer I think you're protesting a bit too much. No one's saying you have to defend yourself or suggesting you are wrong are they? People are just looking at two possibilities here both equally questionable. The chance the supplier has a faulty batch, which must be a big one if three random people at three separate occasions happen to buy into this batch in which case someone should really let that supplier know and warn others OR are the tests that are being carried out so far out that they wouldn't even register PO4 when PO4 is being tested considering when it went to the lab with some proper equipment it clearly showed up as PO4.

That's the mystery I find interesting and my mind is still open to possibilities either way. It's quite a serious accusation for the supplier who probably gets a lot of business through this forum so the accusation needs to from a solid foundation in my eyes.

We all have doubts about test kits well documented and po4 seems to be one of the worst, so we going to pull someone's business to bits with a £7 test kit from the LFS?

Just to add, I have a test kit and some of that branded po4 so I'm tempted to see what happens just out of curiosity but my salts are from waaayyy back so I don't think I could add anything other if negative it's been going on for a while but then we come back to the reliability of the test kit.

We all have doubts about test kits well documented and PO4 seems to be one of the worst, so we going to pull someone's business to bits with a £7 test kit from the LFS?

Two things here, I am getting frustrated because I have to repeat myself. second I have not named the shop for that reason. However now that more people have the same issue it's time to to name the shop so that others can test their salts as well. I appreciate people wanting to help and find out whats happening as I have acknowledged several times, but asking the same questions over and over again is not really contributing much. But I am eager to see your test results and thanks for testing.

Last edited:
second I have not named the shop for that reason.

Ok, like I pointed out earlier, in post one you clearly pointed out they were APF branded so I was reading your replies, whether you named the 3rd party supplier makes no difference we all know which ferts you mean which I pointed out if you read that bit?

Secondly I come in here to listen, learn, relax and help out with my limited knowledge if I can not to row with anybody. If you want to row with me I'll send you my address and you can pop round for a cup of tea. In the mean time I'll see if there's anything more interesting in the rest of the board and get on with my Friday night.

Laters and be lucky.

Ok, like I pointed out earlier, in post one you clearly pointed out they were APF branded so I was reading your replies, whether you named the 3rd party supplier makes no difference we all know which ferts you mean which I pointed out if you read that bit?

Secondly I come in here to listen, learn, relax and help out with my limited knowledge if I can not to row with anybody. If you want to row with me I'll send you my address and you can pop round for a cup of tea. In the mean time I'll see if there's anything more interesting in the rest of the board and get on with my Friday night.

Laters and be lucky.

Could you quote the APF branding for me as I can't find it? Cup of tea sure but I'm not very good at rowing to be honest.

Ok, that was obviously not intended and I'm bad at reading so it seems. Are you still going to test your salt? Because I'm obviously still curious.

No problem brother, stay frosty, it's just a hobby. Hope you have more luck with your new ferts which seems to be working out for you. Sorry to the admin for putting up brand names so feel free to delete until it's proven either way.

Hi all
Peaple here getting exited a bit.
I didn't mean to stir it all up by posting.
I am only stating a fact.I dont have the knowledge or the equipment to properly test the salt.I am mixing my mixes using boiled tap water too so there may be all my fault.
Will get different salts and test them too as soon as I have them.
Regards Konsa

Nah all my bad, I was getting a bit too frustrated my apologies for setting a negative tone here.
Cake for everyone :)

When did everybody buy their ferts, that would answer if this is a batch issue?

I don't think anybody should feel bad about bringing this to light. We are a forum and I think its important that we all share information wether it be good or bad.

Also its much easier to take stuff written down the wrong way. Shame we don't have like an aquascaping pub we could all meet up at and have beers while we watch fish ha

I bought mine last year, can't find the exact date anymore. My account got deleted from their website lol.

well I guess we don't know unless other people comment really.

Either way I've saved myself loads of extra work by changing ferts.

Back